Subject: Re: building -current userland
To: Jeff Rizzo <riz@NetBSD.org>
From: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/02/2005 11:36:47
At 8:13 AM -0700 5/2/05, Jeff Rizzo wrote:

>I managed to cross-build a release (macppc, building from i386)
>yesterday, after the gettext fix... so, I didn't see the error you just
>posted.  Try again with newer sources, maybe?

I'm trying to find individuals who have successfully built with _macppc_
tools.  Cross-building appears to do things differently, in spite of
suggestions to the contrary.  If I can find someone that can build -current
userland with macppc using a cvs up more recent than this past Friday, I
will cvs up and again spend twenty plus hours building.  As far as I can
tell, the error was in gdb, not gettext.  I probably just didn't get far
enough to fail on gettext.

If it took NetBSD developers twenty plus hours to build userland, they
might be less cavalier about commits that don't compile.

tim