Subject: Re: few simple questions
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Daejuan Jacobs <daejuan@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/30/2005 13:35:46
Ok, thanks, you answered my question just fine. I'm gonna download &
burn the ISO image today.

On 4/30/05, Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> > To the both of you, thanks for the help. One more question.
> > So how would I actually install NetBSD over my current linux
> > partition? I would boot the cd, and is there some tool the detects the
> > current linux partition?
>=20
> Hmm, I'm not sure I fully understand your problem, but the installer shou=
ld contain some partitioning tool which should allow you to turn them into =
NetBSD partitions, delete them, make new partitions and so on. NetBSD can r=
ead ( not sure about writing, but it should... ) e2fs filesystems, you may =
be able to install into one but it won't boot because the loader doesn't kn=
ow e2fs, so you'll want at least one ffs partition.
> ( e3fs is just e2fs with a journal in a hidden file so NetBSD can handle =
these as well. It won't use any journalling though ).
>=20
> have fun
> Michael
>=20