Subject: Re: POWERMAC kernel for 8600?
To: None <ghen@telenet.be>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/26/2005 20:53:30
On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 03:05:55PM +0200, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm about to install NetBSD 2.0.2 on a Powermac 8600.  Is the POWERMAC
> kernel suited for this, or is it meant for the newer Powermacs (G3 etc)
> and should I use GENERIC?

GENERIC is a good way to get a machine that at least works while you tool around
with your own kernel config.

i have a an 8600 here, i can send you a copy of my config file if you would like,
it's pretty well tuned for the 8600 + my PCI FastE card.

-brian
--
"Perl can be fast and elegant as much as J2EE can be fast and elegant.
In the hands of a skilled artisan, it can and does happen; it's just