Subject: Re: Xfree configuration on iBook
To: <>
From: Rudi Ludwig <rudihl@gmx.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/10/2005 21:30:02
On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 12:12:03 -0400
Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net> wrote:

> gecko has various macppc-specific problems, I get misplaced text with
> wrong attributes all over the place, but no horizontal lines. Only
> with applications that use gecko so I'd suspect a bug ( or some wrong
> assumptions ) in the PowerPC-specific part of XPCOM but that's a hell
> of a beast to debug.

my experiance is that this spucky error also depends on the kernel you
are running.

with 2.0
I got the horizontal lines when scrolling, that look a little like
off-by-one pixel when redrawing

with 2.99.15
I get sometimes misplaced text elements from the html -i.e. gecko
(IIRC). But sometimes as well text from the tab or bookmark labels
or the tabs or progress-bar from the bottom appear at other locations,
but these are drawn by gtk I assume.

Still faulty but the latter effect is not that anoying as the first one,
at least to me. So updating the kernel helps, though it is not supposed
to be the root-cause.

Rudi