Subject: Re: Xfree configuration on iBook
To: David Bariod <david.bariod@wanadoo.fr>
From: Timo Schoeler <wanker4freedom@web.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/10/2005 08:56:51
hi david,

>    Hello all,
>
> I have recently installed NetBSD 2.0 on my g3 ibook.
> After a few days, It seems I've succeeded to configure Xfree.
> But I still have an issue with mozilla which may be related to the X
> configuration.
> When:
>    - scrolling text on the browser
>    - I put a window over a mozilla window
>      and then putting the mozilla window on top again
>    - opening menu
>    - clicking on button
>
> Thin vertical and horizontal line appears at the position where was
> the former frame borders.
>
> I only have this behaviour with mozilla, so it seems it is rather
> mozilla specific problem.
> But I do no use so much other big graphical applications,
> and it seems low X refresh library related.
> I do not have any similar problem (for now) with small gtk or tk
> application.
>
> Does someone have any hints for the reasons of this problem ?
>
> Regard,
> David Bariod.

a solution may be building firefox-gtk1 (or a browser of your favour
relying on gtk1)... sorry, but i don't know this phenomenon's root :(

cheers,

--
Timo Schoeler | http://macfinity.net/~tis | timo.schoeler@macfinity.net
//macfinity -- finest IT services | http://macfinity.net

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary
and those who don't.