Subject: Serial port disconnect dumps debugger
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Reilly <ttam1967@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/05/2005 10:25:13
I know I had this problem once before with my 68k macs ( I think)

I just installed current on my Umax C500 (with 280mhz G3 upgrade) and
it's working great. The only problem is when I unplug the serial
console it dumps into the debugger. I know this is because
disconnecting the cable sends a break. I read some solutions involving
shorting two pins of the serial port with a resistor or recompiling
the kernel with "options DDB_FROMCONSOLE=0" but I could swear there
was another way to do this. Like changing the system console from the
serial port? Does that make any sense?

thanks,

Matt Reilly