Subject: Re: the 8600 lives!
To: Miles Nordin <carton@Ivy.NET>
From: Niels S.Eliasen <niels.eliasen@delfi-konsult.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/03/2005 00:57:02
Hi Miles
Please correct me if im wrong but I do believe that your power-off=20
problem has nothing to do with the "exquisite" corrections that Michael=20=

has done for X11(where would we be without them!)..

I had very much the same problem, but Allen Briggs did wonders in=20
correcting the power-off problems for my Powerbook 3500(and his own=20
3400)...
Try to get a kernel from Allen... I think it should make quite a=20
difference for you with getting the Powerbook working..

Den 2/4-2005, kl. 22.12, skrev Miles Nordin:

>      m> http://macallam.homeunix.org:6704/stuff/BSD/
>
> k., I got the X server and kernel to test if it helps with chips 65550
> support.
>
> I can't boot the kernel because there's a bug with the power
> management driver on my PB2400, so as soon as it attaches, the machine
> powers off, blinks the green Sleep light, and reboots.
>
> Could I trouble you to post the source patches, either patches to go
> with each new kernel/xserver you release, or else a ``latest patches''
> diff if that's easier?  Optimistically, having the source code
> available might help get your work reviewed and committed, too.  It
> seems like quite a few cards are affected.

mvh/kind regards
Niels S. Eliasen
H=F8rhavevej 1
DK-4250, Fuglebjerg
Tel/Cell: +45 46 32 85 27 +45 21 77 95 90
mailto:Niels.Eliasen@delfi-konsult.com