Subject: Re: the 8600 lives!
To: Niels S.Eliasen <niels.eliasen@delfi-konsult.com>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/02/2005 18:47:46
Hello,

> Please correct me if im wrong but I do believe that your power-off
> problem has nothing to do with the "exquisite" corrections that Michael
> has done for X11(where would we be without them!)..

> I had very much the same problem, but Allen Briggs did wonders in
> correcting the power-off problems for my Powerbook 3500(and his own
> 3400)...
Yes, apparently the problem is still present in the kernel Miles got - here's a more recent one:
http://macallan.homeunix.org:6704/stuff/BSD/netbsd_GENERIC_voodoo5.bz2
It contains some additional console drivers ( for ATI mach64 and Voodoo3 with some experimental Voodoo5 support ) - this one should also contain Allen's fixes, provided they were in -current yesterday.

have fun
Michael.