Subject: Re: lfs on 2.0
To: Bruce O'Neel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/23/2005 10:24:38
For the last several months LFS has been completely unusable on
-current. Just creating a file or directory on a newly created LFS file
system causes a kernel panic. There's been quite a bit of patching by
Konrad a few weeks ago but I've pretty much given up on it in favor of
ffs with soft dependencies. I'll try a new kernel later today and see
if my PR on the kernel panic has been fixed by the latest patches. If
it works and can take some torture testing maybe it can get pulled up
into the 3.0 branch. Unfortunately there have been a lot of changes to
the ufs code so I don't know if that will fly or is already ticketed.