Subject: Re: Beginner's guide to NetBSD on MacMini ( was Re: HI JASON, WELCOME TO OPEN FIRMWARE!)
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Dominik Epple <epple@tphys.physik.uni-tuebingen.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/18/2005 11:07:53
Hello,

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 08:05:10AM -0500, Michael wrote:
> > But since this topic is addressed now in this mailing list, I would
> > like to tell you that I would be very interested in such a document --
> > especially getting X w/ mouse and keyboard working.
> I guess you had to fiddle with xmodmap? We should really get rid of that and have proper X keymaps for the most common keyboards...

Uhm, no. Or perhaps I would have needed to -- but my problems were
different: X came up nicely with twm and a working keyboard. I could
type stuff in the xterm and all did behave as expected. Then, the
keyboard stopped working as soon as I moved the mouse (no joke!). Then
my input devices were screwed up completely and a remote login was
needed to reboot.

I guess I just did not use the correct devices/XF86Config etc. I had
some strange USB disconnect log entries.

Perhaps I should say I use netbsd-current (not because I like being
on the bleeding edge -- but because it has been posted that for a
Mac Mini you need -current).

Perhaps this is all fixed now, since I did my experiments some 2
weeks ago.

So I did not succeed getting plain X with twm running in a usable
way...