Subject: Re: macppc pkgs [was: Re: Beginner's guide to NetBSD on MacMini (
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/16/2005 09:00:10
Hi,

> Looking close again, it seems that John Klos <jklos> did the last batch of
> macppc pkgs on ftp.netbsd.org. Assuming he'll do so in the future, the
> question moves from doing bulk builds to fixing pkgs to build properly in
> these builds.

I was waiting for the new branch, but it'd probably be good to redo
2004Q4.

> As it seems there were no macppc bulk build results published recently
> (http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-bulk/), which is where everyone could
> send output of their own builds to.

Ooops! THAT's where I was supposed to send them!

> Next step would be to fix bugs so pkgs build in bulk builds, and voila -
> binaries when John next does the bulk run (and upload :).

I must admit I hadn't been following this thread, but if there are
specific packages that someone would like to see built, I could run them
manually and post failure logs (if any). Waiting for the results of a bulk
build would take a while.

> As for KDE and OOo, I know this is a hard & long job, but only somewhere with
> the hardware can do it.

I can't say I ever remember either being successfully built, but you never
know. I can give them a try.

Is this discussion about 1.6 or 2.0 packages? My 2.0 machine is much
faster than my 1.6 machine...

John