Subject: Re: macppc pkgs [was: Re: Beginner's guide to NetBSD on MacMini (
To: Timo Schoeler <wanker4freedom@web.de>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/16/2005 14:47:19
On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, Timo Schoeler wrote:
> i'd like to contribute -- the where to put the binaries (especially to avoid
> 1000 and one different places from where to fetch parts of bulk builds 8)? or
> is there a contact you could point me/us to?

Looking close again, it seems that John Klos <jklos> did the last batch of
macppc pkgs on ftp.netbsd.org. Assuming he'll do so in the future, the
question moves from doing bulk builds to fixing pkgs to build properly in
these builds.

As it seems there were no macppc bulk build results published recently
(http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-bulk/), which is where everyone could
send output of their own builds to.

Next step would be to fix bugs so pkgs build in bulk builds, and voila -
binaries when John next does the bulk run (and upload :).

As for KDE and OOo, I know this is a hard & long job, but only somewhere
with the hardware can do it.

  - Hubert

--
NetBSD - Free AND Open!      (And of course secure, portable, yadda yadda)