Subject: Re: HI JASON, WELCOME TO OPEN FIRMWARE!
To: Michael Wolfson <mw@nosflow.com>
From: Bill Squier <groo@old-ones.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/15/2005 20:56:37
On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 05:30:26PM -0800, Michael Wolfson wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
>
> >Besides such a Beginner's guide, merging the data into
> >src/distrib/notes/macppc would be much appreciated! :)
>
> [sigh], we've been through this before.  The installation procedure can
> vary wildly depending on which model and which media are available.  There
> are installation steps that are necessary on some models but will destroy
> your computer on others (think load-base).

You will note that Hubert was discussing a Beginners Guide to installing the
Mac _MINI_, as it exists today.  I think it's important to have such a
series of "pocket guides" for the most common configurations (full install,
2 partition) available.

This series of "pocket Guides" would fill a large hole in our documentation.

Plunking down US$499 and coming home to a fully functional, quiet, gorgeous
server in under an hour is a wonderful feat and should be made as easy as
possible.

--
Bill Squier (groo@netbsd.org)                          http://www.netbsd.org

        I know I don't deserve another chance, but this _is_ America,
        and as an American, aren't I entitled to one?  --Sideshow Bob.