Subject: Re: reaching ddb via Stealth Serial Port on G3 b&w
To: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Timo_Sch=F6ler?= <wanker4freedom@web.de>
From: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/03/2005 10:36:49
> bad company. very bad... :(

Too bad!

> yes, that's true; if it'd be remote, then this would be very useful ;)

It is very useful - my G4 is colocated, and the serial port has saved me
several times from a drive.

> so, just one question left: the kernel 'recognizes' the Stealth as the
> default serial port for accessing DDB on the machine?

If the kernel is handed the serial port as the OF input / output, then
yes, that's all. The ZS_ABORT works on the Stealth (but I have never seen
it work on an older PowerMac with built-in serial), and the only other
change you might want to do is have this line in /etc/ttys:

ttyZ0   "/usr/libexec/getty std.57600"  vt100   on secure

(console and E0 can be off)

Other than that, I didn't do anything special - just OF settings, DDB,
ZS_CONSOLE_ABORT, and /etc/ttys.

John