Subject: Re: What to install on Mac Mini?
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Dominik Epple <epple@tphys.physik.uni-tuebingen.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/03/2005 17:08:41
On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 09:40:03AM -0600, Peter Seebach wrote:
> In message <20050303152636.GA17163@ptpc01.tphys.physik.uni-tuebingen.de>, Domin
> ik Epple writes:
> >Hi,
> >
> >today the postman brought my Mac Mini. :)
> >
> >Now I want to install NetBSD on it.
> >
> >The question is now how to install NetBSD on the Mac Mini. Or, to be
> >more precise, the question is which version or release or flavour or
> >whatever of NetBSD to use. In this message ...
>
> -current.  If you want, I can see if I still have the CD image I made which
> worked well enough to do an initial install.

Hm, that would be very kind. Yet I would prefer creating such an image
myself (since I want to learn something).

I found http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/bootcd.html and think I
could do the steps described there if I were able to download binaries
from -current.

The links found on
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/current/#installing
which are http://releng.netbsd.org/ab/global.html and
ftp://releng.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/current/
are dead...

I guess I would need the equivalent of
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.6/macppc/binary/sets/
for -current.

Where to get this stuff?