Subject: Re: I'm having problem booting a PowerBook G3 (Open Firmware 2.0.1)
To: Chris Tribo <ctribo@dtcc.edu>
From: Anthony de Almeida Lopes <guerrilla_thought@gmx.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/22/2005 00:36:40
Okay, yet another update. Apparently doing "boot ide0/@0:0" now works
but I haven't really changed anything, except re-doing installboot
exactly as I did before except renaming /ofwboot to /boot. Anyway, I can
boot it manually with this command but it won't boot itself. If it boots
by itself it's a black screen on the powerbook or a grey screen on the
Dell monitor (which I plugged into the vga-out). The other thing is that
when I boot manually with the powerbooks screen it goes dark as soon as
"apm..." shows up in dmesg.
 So, should I just remove apm support or is there better code in -
current and should I go with that? Booting manually works fine with the
Dell monitor of course.

Another interesting thing to note is that when i do "dev pmu backlight-
off" it works yet "backlight-on" has no effect.