Subject: Re: I'm having problem booting a PowerBook G3 (Open Firmware 2.0.1)
To: Chris Tribo <ctribo@dtcc.edu>
From: Anthony de Almeida Lopes <guerrilla_thought@gmx.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/21/2005 19:38:20
Well, pushing the buttons to turn up and down the brightness have no
effect while I'm in open firmware or booted into netbsd off of the
floppy. However, it occured to me to use the VGA out port on the back to
hookup a monitor and this gave some interesting results. Instead of the
screen being black, it's actually grey (open firmware grey, not "trying
to boot macos" grey). So, right now I'm just checking out -CURRENT and
then I'll compile that kernel and see what happens. At least now we have
some output to work with.
So, are the buttons not supposed to work in open firmware? I don't know
why, but I was under the impression they were caught and handled by
software.

Thanks again,
 -- Anthony