Subject: Kernel Panic on Dual 450MHz G4
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Allen Wong <allen@submoron.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/13/2005 11:48:18
I'm running NetBSD 2.0 on a dual 450MHz G4 (gigabit ethernet).  When executing
ogg123 or firefox, I get a kernel panic:

panic:  lockmgr: locking against myself

Interestingly, this also happens during the "make install" step for the
firefox package.  This is reproducible every time.  The problem goes away if
I boot into a single cpu kernel.

I wasn't able to find anything about this on the mailing list.  Is anyone
else having this problem?  Should I try upgrading to -current?

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the port maintainers for all
their excellent work.

Allen
--
If all about you there are people panicking while you remain calm and serene, maybe you don't belong on Wall Street.
    Alan Abelson, editor Barron's