Subject: Re: kernel MCHK trap?
To: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/10/2005 09:07:46
On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 12:12:14PM -0800, John Klos wrote:
> This is an upgraded gigabit ethernet G4 - 100 MHz memory bus, 1.4 GHz
> accelerator, 2 gigs of memory, NetBSD 2.0. It was serving anywhere from
> 5-10 Mbps of traffic and getting about 30-40 Mbps of DDoS traffic at the
> time.

OK.  The crash point in net/radix.c:rn_match() is at least plausible.
I don't know why the stack looks hosed, though.  My initial guess is
some kind of memory corruption.  My second is that something has
corrupted the radix tree.

Is this with -current or 2.0 or other?

Would you be willing to try to get a crash dump if I supply you with
experimental code for that?  I understand that this is a production
system and that's a lot to ask...

-allen

--
                  Use NetBSD!  http://www.netbsd.org/