Subject: Re: ofb proposal
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@college.dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/02/2005 07:13:10
Hmm, I just noticed this because I didn't try it earlier. When I boot
the machfb kernel, sometimes, not all the time, when I reboot or even
if I shut the system down and bring it back up, the display does not
initialize in openfirmware correctly. The light show it produces has to
be something close to an acid trip during light show. If I boot the fb
kernel again, when it reinit's the chip, the display comes back. It
seems that OpenFirmware is expecting the chip to be in a certain state
at init or my hardware is just flaky. It came back to OF normally after
rebooting it a few times. I've seen this happen with OS X as well, so
no idea what is going on. It passes all the diagnostics from Apple Test
Pro.

http://user.dtcc.edu/~ctribo/what_the.jpg
http://user.dtcc.edu/~ctribo/what_the2.jpg