Subject: Re: do i keep NetBSD on this box?
To: netbsd-macppc <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/25/2005 07:44:43
On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 10:41:41PM -0500, Michael wrote:
> >so, what is the XKeysymToKeycode stuff. that seems to be the culprit.
> Probably - I'll check what it does here. Unfortunately my knowedge of
> lowlevel X11 stuff is rather limited so someone else should comment
> this :/

got it, see other message.  :)

> >it will be more useful to others if i can get a completely working
> >setup
> >documented.  ;)
> True :)

and now i have an xmodmap file to add to the collection.  let me poke at it
a little bit more, but i think it's done.  would someone like to stuff it
in the src tree somewhere?  maybe a place for xmodmap files for different
keyboards?

> It's part of the kdebase3 package in x11.

ok, building it now, this will hopefully solve the browser issue.

that leaves getting gnucash to work (unless someone can recommend somehthing
else out of pkgsrc/finance to replace it with) and figuring out why the
middle mouse button emulation doesn't work.

> I cannot really see how the kernel could trigger this rendering
> problems, but I never had working X on macppc with 2.0 either.

it does this if i access the mac from a remote Xterminal as well.  i don't
get it, it makes no sense to me either.

> Hmm, it /should/ run on sparc64 in either Solaris or linux emulation...
> I guess I'll have to investigate when I find the time.

if i'm going to run it on sparc64, i've got solaris here to run it on, the
issue is i'd like a web browser for NetBSD/macppc.  ;)

-brian
--
"Now you know why I got the everliving hell OUT of Windows administration.
Knowing it doesn't make it any easier.  It's just broken-as-designed."