Subject: Re: do i keep NetBSD on this box?
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/25/2005 07:39:32
On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 07:20:47AM -0500, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> > Now, I can explain what XKeysymToKeycode does: it searches the
> > keycode-to-keysym mapping table looking for a keycode that maps to the
> > keysym you pass in.  (The doc I have for it does not specify what
> > happens if multiple keycodes map to that keysym; I suspect it just
> > picks one - probably the highest or lowest or some such, though since
> > it's not specified depending on it is a Bad Thing.)
> >
> > Whether this actually helps you, of course, is a completely separate
> > question.  I hope it helps at least to the extent of alleviating some
> > confusion and/or incomprehension.  I'll be happy to go into more detail
> > if desired.

AH HA!!!!

it is very important to keep the 'keycode ### =' in the xmodmap file you
are reading in or xmodmap will insert its defaults in for you.  once i put
'keycode 98 =' and 'keycode 100 =' in the xmodmap file, those two keys
started working as they should!!

now to tackle the keyboard lights and the keyboard is done!!

-brian
--
"Now you know why I got the everliving hell OUT of Windows administration.
Knowing it doesn't make it any easier.  It's just broken-as-designed."