Subject: Re: powerbook g4 hangs at boot
To: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
From: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/24/2005 16:28:33
On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 15:12:33 -0600
David Young <dyoung@pobox.com> wrote:

> Between the
> old kernel and the new, these messages have changed:
>
> 	zsc0 at obio0 offset 0x13000: irq 22,23
> 	zstty0 at zsc0 channel 0
> 	zstty1 at zsc0 channel 1
>
> to these:
>
> 	enabling KeyLargo internal modem
> 	zsc0 at obio0 offset 0x13000: irq 22,23
> 	zstty0 at zsc0 channel 0 (console)
> 	zstty1 at zsc0 channel 1

Can you send two full dmesg's? If you have a Powerbook with a mediabay,
you could be being affected by the obio patch that corrected a long
standing (unknown until a couple months ago) problem in which the
wrong mac-io device was being attached as obio0. This caused a few
devices, including some serial devices, from being attached properly.
You can tell by examining if you now have two obio devices, where before
you would have one but on I/O device that was not configured.

As for matching the console, what does the ofb device say in the dmesg?

thanks,
tim