Subject: Re: current build warning/failure on if_re_pci.c
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@college.dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/22/2005 00:49:54
On Fri, 21 Jan 2005, Allen Briggs wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 11:06:10PM -0500, Chris Tribo wrote:
> > I just built a full release for i386 from the same sources so this is
> > either macppc specific or triggered by cross compiling strangeness, or my
> > tree is insane.
>
> It's macppc-specific in a sense.  Macppc's autoconf.h expects to have
> some other files included before it's included via bus.h.  if_re_pci.c
> had <machine/bus.h> included first, so it was bombing.
>
> Fixed in revision 1.5 of if_re_pci.c.
>
> I moved machine/bus.h (and the following three dev/pci/*) down below
> the net/* includes and it's compiling nicely for me.

Nice, that was fast! That definitely fixed it. I'll try to pound on it
some more tommorow, but so far I'm connected through a serial console,
compiling, connected with ssh and untarring pkgsrc.tar.gz and nothing
weird seems to be happening except with mesh. SCSI commands seem to be
taking about 5 seconds to make it to the ZIP drive. It always use to
complain about sd0: cache syncronization failed so it probably needs more
quirks anyway. I'll try and do some more fuzzy benchmarks tommorow.

--
The nice thing about Windows is - It does not just crash, it displays a
dialog box and lets you press 'OK' first.