Subject: Re: contrast and kdm on powerbook
To: Davide Zanon <d.zanon@infinito.it>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@NetBSD.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/18/2005 10:07:04
On Sun, Jan 16, 2005 at 02:22:13PM +0000, Davide Zanon wrote:
> Maybe my message is a bit off-topic, but I hope you won't mind...
> Does anyone know how to set Powerbook display contrast? There aren't any

Which PowerBook?

> I have put /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d/kdm in /etc/rc.d and written "kdm=YES"
> in /etc/rc.conf, but "xserver dies during startup"...
> the only interesting thing I found in /var/log/kdm.log is
> Unrecognized option: vt05
> Why is X starting with option vt05? what does it mean? not a long time ago i
> used to run kdm on 2.0-BETA without this issue...

This is probably an argument given to the X server in a KDM or
XFree86 configuration file.  On NetBSD/i386, it probably means to
use virtual terminal '5', but that doesn't make sense on macppc.
Look in /usr/pkg/lib/X11 or /usr/X11R6/lib/X11 (depending on where
your KDE was installed) and see if it's in there somewhere.

-allen

--
                  Use NetBSD!  http://www.netbsd.org/