Subject: Re: PowerMac 7300 display problem
To: None <wysoft@extremecode.org>
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@floodgap.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/17/2005 14:03:29
> I've got this PowerMac 7300; nice old box. Problem is, I can't get it to
> correctly sync on any of my VGA monitors. I've applied the System Disk
> nvram patches
> from the NetBSD FAQ, which work - but only for one reboot. If I reboot the
> system a second time, the VGA monitor no longer syncs. I have a really old
> Apple Color Display that will sync up every time, and if I disconnect that
> after MacOS comes up, connecting the VGA monitor works.

I use a NEC UltraSync 15 with my 7300's internal video, and the System Disk
patch works just fine. Are you sure there's nothing wrong with your PRAM
battery or NVRAM?

Next time you start into MacOS, just for yuks, set your screen to 640x480
at 8-bit and 60Hz, and shut down, then try to go through the steps again.
Just about any VGA monitor should sync to that.

 Cameron Kaiser, Floodgap Systems Ltd * So. Calif., USA * ckaiser@floodgap.com
-- His mind is like a steel trap -- full of mice. -- Foghorn Leghorn ----------