Subject: Re: MP, SP, extintr, mc, ofb
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Dan LaBell <dan4l-nospam@verizon.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/16/2005 03:01:43
On Wednesday, December 29, 2004, at 01:34 PM, Michael wrote:

> Hello,
>
>>> Also I get envstat output like:
>>> CPU temp    CPU temperature   case temperature          fan speed
>>>      degC               degC               degC                RPM
>>>      4.00              48.00              50.00            5737500
>> the first one should be the CPU-internal sensor - has nothing to do
>> with my driver. The RPM value is obviously bogus, so I'll have a
>> look again.
>>
>>> instead of:
>>> CPU temp
>>>      degC
>>>      4.00
>> Yup, NetBSD already supports the G3's built-in sensor.
>>
>>> Fan speed rpm values don't seem real, but I'm  not complaining.
>> Hmm, I guess I found it - a dumb typo... can't make a new kernel
>> right now because the box is busy but I'll do so in the next few >> days.
>> I'm rather surprised that the rest seems to work, given that I had
>> absolutely no way to test it.
>
> Ok, I made another test kernel - see here:
> http://macallan.homeunix.org:6704/NetBSD/index.php?which=6&show=kernel
>
> the ADT1030 driver should now report a correct rpm value and the
> console will look weird - I did some minor hackery to allow colour
> support, mainly to make kernel output distinguishable from userland
> stuff like on other ports, getting it back to black on white shouldn't
> be a problem ( although with an unchanged palette it would be more
> like black on light grey, but that's not my doing - it just uses
> whatever rasops likes to use ).
> It should fall back to monochrome if the console supports less than 16
> colours.
>
> good luck
> Michael

I'm really slacking here,  I tested this maybe 10 days ago, but I'm
only replying now.
Fan rpm was in the range of 19582 and 18750, or 0, but after fans
started never returned to 0, even when apparently off envstat showed
18750.
In hz thats 326, and 312 , are those sane values?
I sampled some temperature values over 28 minutes, and got
49C, 51C, 50C, 50C, for CPU, and 40, 55, 53, 54, 52, 51 for Case temp.
--dan