Subject: Re: mc* performance patch
To: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/14/2005 22:11:06
On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 08:24:12AM -0500, Tim Kelly wrote:
> If you could do the 68k version of mc, I would be willing to follow your
> example and extend this to the macppc version as well as the if_bm.c and
> if_gm.c, if applicable. I am not familiar with some of the concepts of
> bus_dma (I see a link for Jason Thorpe's presentation so I will try to
> obtain that), so examples will help.

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with bus_dma either, so I'm
probably not the best person to learn from :) Which bus does mc attach
to on macppc? Does it show up as a PCI device somehow, or does it
attach to "obio" (or something else?). There are plenty of PCI NIC
drivers that use bus_dma, but I have no idea if those would be a good
example for an obio-attached device.
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 29 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++