Subject: Re: mc* performance patch
To: Chaz McGarvey <chaz@brokenzipper.com>
From: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/14/2005 08:28:23
On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 20:42:54 -0700
Chaz McGarvey <chaz@brokenzipper.com> wrote:

> Just on the off chance that it might help you find the problem, mc0
> dropped about 50% packets while I was using 1.6.2, and now it works
> well (close to 1MB/sec) after upgrading to 2.0 using the generic
> kernel in both cases.
>
> I've got a 7300/180 with a 500Mhz G4 upgrade cpu and 80MB of memory.

Interesting. Michael reports he has no problems with mc either, and he
is also using an upgrade card.

Did you have to compile in an L2CR value to get it to work? I am looking
for testers for code I have implemented in the bootloader that will
enable L2 caches dynamically, with no compiled in values.

tim