Subject: Re: on board ethernet card problem
To: Tomas D <u0giene@yahoo.com>
From: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/12/2005 08:21:12
Hi Tomas,

> thanx for quick reply, will keep in mind that one
> there's nothing a can do now really just go to current

It would be best, for both you and those of us trying to fix these
problems. Ideally by the next release things will be much better and
this advice will only be for a short time, after which it'll be fine to
run 2.x. Things are looking good for that release, by the way.

I don't think you'll find that -current fixes your mc0 problem, though,
but I know (having been working on this some myself) that the stuff in
-current is a step in the right direction (my suspicion is that
interrupts are a factor and the new code from Allen and Michael have
made it much more robust). I also have a patch for if_mc.c that will
enable proper media type changing in mc* that is also a step in the
right direction.

I do have a question that I think you can answer. When you installed
2.0, did you use mc0 as your network interface? Or did you install from
a CD?

thanks,
tim