Subject: Re: on board ethernet card problem
To: Tomas D <u0giene@yahoo.com>
From: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/12/2005 08:11:11
On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 04:57:34 -0800 (PST)
Tomas D <u0giene@yahoo.com> wrote:

> here's my full dmesg output (it might help)
>
> NetBSD 2.0 (GENERIC) #0: Wed Dec  1 14:03:55 UTC 2004

Run -current. 2.0 had significant bugs that were not caught in time and
is (unofficially) not recommended. Since 2.0 was tagged and released,
there have been significant changes to the interrupt code, the cpu
locore subroutines, and others, and these are all things that affect the
mc performance issue, which is well known. Since the goal is to the
fixes for these problems in place for 2.0.1 or whatever the next
official release is, everyone should be running -current in order for as
much testing be done before the fixes are pulled up to 2.x.
Additionally, since most of the patches being posted are diff'd to
-current, not running -current will cause additional work for you when
applying the patches.

tim