Subject: Re: 2.0 multiboot CD is not bootable on macppc
To: SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@college.dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/09/2005 20:50:02
It boots on my seriously upgraded sawtooth if I manually specify the
kernel on the command line and boots normally on my Beige G3. Trying to
boot a filename that doesn't match something on the CD seems to respond
back with

clearing .bss, done..
read header
 start 0x0

DEFAULT CATCH!, code=300 at %SRR0: 00e0a5fc %SRR1 00003030

If I do boot cd:,\OFWBOOT.XCF;1 NETBSD.MACPPC it boots fine.

I also notice that I sometimes see wdc1:0:0: lost interrupt, but this is
2.0 and not current. Maybe I can put NetBSD on ZIP and try out kernels on
this. Though I'd prefer to get my Wallstreet and Beige G3 to be happy.

--
The nice thing about Windows is - It does not just crash, it displays a
dialog box and lets you press 'OK' first.