Subject: Re: AsanteFast 590 PCI in NetBSD 2.0 macppc. 100baseTX not
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Patrick Cronin <pcronin@loyola.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/05/2005 10:25:13

--=__Part3A1AAAC9.0__=

Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 10:23:52 -0500
From: "Patrick Cronin" <pcronin@loyola.edu>
To: <andresk@mac.com>
	working.

Yep, I've had similar problems with the tulip driver on a PowerMac =
6500/300.  I've tried 3 different NICs--two farallons (DEC chip based), =
and an Asante 590.  However, I'm getting slightly different error messages =
than you have--I get "tlp0: receive ring overrun".  All of my cards work, =
but when I reach about 10 MB of data being received through the interface, =
the messages start popping up, and traffic REALLY slows down to next to =
nothing.  I filed a pr last night, port-macppc/28870.

I don't have expertise in nic driver programming, so all I can do is wish =
you luck!

Stay well,

Patrick

>>> ""Andr=E9 Skarzynski"" <andresk@mac.com> 01/04/05 8:42 AM >>>
Hi,

I have a PCI power mac, a 7600/120 which is running NetBSD-2.0. I had an =
AsanteFast 590 PCI 10/100 card installed. This card uses the tlp driver. =
However no matter what I tried, could not get the card to work with =
100MB/s Full or half duplex. Works at 10 mbits full or half, however, =
produces many "receive error: MII error" and "receive error: CRC error" =
messages on console and messages log.

This could just be me not setting it properly, but I did double check all =
settings. I was wondering if anyone else might have seen this? Before I =
start digging further. This card is fine, as it works as it should in =
LinuxPPC, OS X/Darwin (with G3) and MacOS 9.1

This is not urgent, as I have a 3Com 3c905-TX 10/100 (ex driver) working =
just fine at 100MB/S with NetBSD 2.0 macppc.

I can't remember if I had trouble with NetBSD 1.6.2.

So, if anyone else has seen this or has a fix let me know. Or let me know =
if there is an additional flag I need to set on with the tlp driver.=20
If requested, I can reinstall the card and get some more debugging =
information.

Kind Regards,

Andre'

--