Subject: Re: Clock stuck in 19704
To: Randall Ann Homan <homanra@earthlink.net>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Timo_Sch=F6ler?= <eclipser23@web.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/30/2004 16:43:37
> I have a problem that the clock is being reset to 1972 most of the=20
> times
> I do "shutdown" on my PowerBook. I know I am not alone on this =
problem.
> How do I fix it or is there a workaround?

may i assume that you have an 'older' powerbook like a G3 series (wall=20=

street/main street, lombard, or pismo e.g.)?

then check the backup battery (if you don't have the technical=20
knowledge, please get your book to the next Apple representative, or=20
salesman) -- it might be too weak to power the RTC that is needed to=20
keep a sensible date when the book is powered off.

NB: this happens to *all* OSes running on your book, altho i don't know=20=

whether Mac OS X with a configured NTP client gets the time right when=20=

booting...

HTH

--=20
mit vorz=FCglichster Hochachtung/best regards,

Timo Sch=F6ler
//macfinity -- finest IT services | Triftstrasse 39 | 13353 Berlin |=20
Germany
Fon ++49 30 25 20 30 20 | Fax ++49 30 25 20 30 19
PGP data http://www.macfinity.net/~tis/contact/PGPPKB_timo.schoeler.txt=