Subject: -current on iBook G4
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/25/2004 11:20:40
Hello,

got it to work, sort of. Some observations:
- the kauai driver apparently has problems - it finds the optical drive but operates it only in PIO4/DMA2 instead of UDMA/33, and it doesn't see the internal harddisk at all. Some debugging showed that it runs into timeouts trying to probe for disks. Must be a NetBSD problem since the kernel was loaded from this disk seconds ago.
- EHCI doesn't work, but I expected that. ( it identifies my external disk but hangs as soon as it tries to transfer data, device identification works though ) - same as on the S900.
- OHCI seems to have problems too - a trackball works, the USB disk doesn't ( need to investigate - for some reason it doesn't attach... ) and it doesn't see the internal modem ( I don't care for that but it might be a hint ) - the USB disk works fine with the S900 and an OHCI card and of course with MacOS X on the iBook.
- ethernet (gem0) works just fine
- XFree works, sort of - the display flickers intolerably and it doesn't reset the console on exit ( well, investigating the console part was the sole reason to play with NetBSD on it at all )
- the apm emulation reports the correct battery charge level ( well, no idea if it's correct but MacOS X agrees )
- the kernel reports the processor clock as 618MHz, should be 800 ( but maybe that's some power conserving thing... )
- I didn't check audio and firewire, but both attach.

All kernels were built with cvs sources from yesterday.

have fun
Michael