Subject: Re: Binary packages available for 2.0
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
From: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/21/2004 08:13:35
Hi Bill,

> We are really well past a code freeze point. While we may get
> last-minute fixes into 2.0, we're slipping things under the wire.

Can the port freeze below 2.0 -release, and then get pulled up later?

> It may well be better to start documenting what doesn't work. Like we
> can call SMP experimental.

We can't call it production quality. Don't get me wrong, a lot of great
work went into it, but as far as I can tell, the primary CPU either sets
spl to where it won't respond to interrupts, or it manages to turn off
accepting external interrupts.

I hope to get back to this issue soon. The general consensus was that
the X issues had a greater impact.

tim