Subject: Re: Binary packages available for 2.0
To: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/20/2004 22:00:08
--3Pql8miugIZX0722

On Sat, Nov 20, 2004 at 10:26:35AM -0500, Tim Kelly wrote:
> > Yes there is a lot of progress. But I think the works need to be
> > tested a lot. Although macallan18 stuff works on my 9500 for X, my
> > 4400 seems"reluctant"...
>=20
> What we want to do is get to a code freeze point, then we start doing
> QA. There needs to be an established testing criteria, like Michael
> Wolfson being able to build all 700 packages. Since RC5 was already
> tagged, we really need to get bug fixes in as soon as possible and then
> try to have something we can point to as significantly better than RC5
> before RC6 is tagged.

We are really well past a code freeze point. While we may get last-minute=
=20
fixes into 2.0, we're slipping things under the wire.

It may well be better to start documenting what doesn't work. Like we can=
=20
call SMP experimental. Also, what things worked in 1.6 that don't work=20
now?

Take care,

Bill

--3Pql8miugIZX0722