Subject: Re: personal impression of issues on netbsd/macppc
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@NetBSD.org>
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@floodgap.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/20/2004 21:17:05
> > Hmm, as far as I know the 7500 ( and probably a few others ) has
> > OpenFirmware and comes with a 601 - would this 'just work' or does it
> > require additional work?
>
> I thought the 7500 had a 603 or 604.

No, the 7500 comes out of the box with a 601, but it's on a removeable
daughtercard which is compatible with the 73-7600 series (so many of them
have been replaced with 604s from those models).

> I think the 7200 has OF and should be close to working. I really haven't
> looked at it, but I thought we added 601 support, so it should be within
> easy reach.

The 7200 should "just work" if 601 support works, too. For that matter,
so should the 7500 in any configuration.

 Cameron Kaiser, Floodgap Systems Ltd * So. Calif., USA * ckaiser@floodgap.com
-- They make a desert and call it peace. -- Tacitus ---------------------------