Subject: Re: Binary packages available for 2.0
To: Riccardo Mottola <rollei@tiscalinet.it>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/20/2004 10:37:30
Hello,

> Yes there is a lot of progress. But I think the works need to be tested
> a lot. Although macallan18 stuff works on my 9500 for X, my 4400 seems
> "reluctant"...
Umm, what kind of video controller does it use? Some ATi?

> It would be extremely nice to see also if those patches make the IMS TT
> card of the 9600 work smoothly. Unfortunately I don't have a spare drive
> there and I run os-x (after runnin X-post-facto).
The IMS TT driver in XFree86 is beta, not built by default, although it should be in my X11 package - so go ahead, try it :)
Maybe put the IMS into the 9500 instead of the MGA. I had a IMS TT3D back in Germany, XFree wouldn't work because it tried to use vgahw, this should be fixed now so it's pretty likely that it will just work :)

have fun
Michael