Subject: Re: personal impression of issues on netbsd/macppc
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/19/2004 19:18:27
Hi Michael,
The full response is going to take me a while to do completely the way
it needs to be.  I think you'll find we meet in the middle. It is also
turning into a piece of documentation I've been meaning to write for
myself, but hopefully will be of use to others.

> > Getting a video card with I/O space to
> > run X strikes me as not true support for the hardware.
> Somehow I don't get what you're trying to say - why should that be
> 'not true support' ?

That was a miswording on my part. That should read:

Having to _get_ a video card with I/O space to run X strikes me as not
true support for the hardware.

The same goes for the mace support. If a model is to be considered
"supported," it can't come with a disclaimer: "if you replace the
ethernet, video card, keyboard, mouse and hard drive." :-)

> No problem, the patches are well worth of criticism, the method I use
> right now may cause weird problems in certain situations...

Peer review, peer review :-)

tim