Subject: Re: Miro / Zoran video chipset
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@college.dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/17/2004 19:32:26
On Wed, 17 Nov 2004, Michael wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just started writing a driver for my Miro DC10+ video board,
> basically it's a Zoran ZR36057 PCI frontend coupled with a SAA7110 video
> decoder, a Zoran ZR36060 MJPEG codec and probably some other video
> encoder. So far the module loads, attaches properly, establishes an
> interrupt handler and resets the board. Exciting, huh? :)
> Since the ZR36057 can be coupled with quite a lot of different video
> (and other - audio for instance) components it would obviously make some
> sort of sense to write separate drivers for them which would attach to
> the ZR36057. This raises a few questions:

Cool! FWIW, This sounds very similar to the AVID Cinema PCI card with the
exception that it probably doesn't use the DAV bus. I just gave mine away,
but there's another board that you might be able to get ahold of with a
similar setup. Of course PlanB and Sixty6 don't really work on anything
other than classic MacOS AFAIK.

> - the chip uses an I2O bus to talk to other components - is there an
> easy way to identify I2O slaves by name or do I have to rely on their
> bus addresses and just probe all of them?

On I2O RAID controllers under netbsd it seems to be able to figure out
devices by type code. Maybe Jason would know since I think he cowrote some
of the I2O subsystem.