Subject: Re: CVS commits for macppc
To: Aymeric Vincent <Aymeric.Vincent@labri.fr>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/17/2004 13:56:09
Hello,

> All powerpc ports have been killing random processes for several
> months due to a (since fixed) bug in the pmap code, starting from last
> november.
Hmm, didn't see that one.

> ... and the X server has been crashing all the time since we switched
> to non-exec mappings, and not a single person seemed to really care
> about it.
I guess not too many people were able to use XFree at all - it only seems to work with Radeons for all I hear, almost everyone else gets bitten by vgahw trying to mmap the VGA framebuffer which naturally fails. ( although I made a patch to get Voodoo3, Matrox and probably other cards working and a few people are playing with it )

> It looks to me that "forall x in UserBase. x is happy". Maybe UserBase
> is empty. ;-)
Maybe most people either have a Radeon or are happy with Xmacppc.

have fun
Michael