Subject: Re: DDB techniques
To: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@redcrowgroup.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/13/2004 10:41:00
Tim Kelly wrote:

>On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 11:48:56 -0600
>"Jonathan A. Kollasch" <jakollasch@mcleodusa.net> wrote:
>

>>case serial console
>>	if using a serial console I think your up a creek as my 1.6.2
>>	ANS 700/150
>>doesn't respond to the BREAK character (the ASCII one)  (this is a bug
>>that should be fixed)
>>

>And if MacsBug is installed on the Mac being used for a serial console
>it'll catch that particular keystroke combination. What would be a good
>keystroke combination to use instead, and how would I use sysctl to
>remap this?
>
>thanks,
>tim

On another platform (i386) I have a setup where I can't reliably
generate a break, and there, I use the key combo "|}{" because it's easy
to type and rarely gets done accidentally.  To enable it, I just do:

sysctl -w hw.cnmagic='|}{'

...and it works.  Choose whatever combination you want.  Not sure if
this will work on macppc, (I can't seem to boot mine at the moment) but
it's worth a shot...

+j

--
Jeff Rizzo                                         riz@redcrowgroup.com