Subject: Re: DDB techniques
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/12/2004 18:38:19
On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 21:31:58 -0600
"Jonathan A. Kollasch" <jakollasch@mcleodusa.net> wrote:

> the key combo is openapple+reset (basically like the ctrl+alt+del for
> Mac: ctrl+openapple+reset but without the ctrl)
> (if it makes a difference this is ADB)
> (now if this were a i386 it'd be ctrl+alt+esc)

At the risk of sounding dense, I am not sure what you mean by a "reset"
button. This is a 7600, with a power button on the front panel, and a
power key on the keyboard, but it doesn't have anything like the
programmer's reset button on my G4. Also, Apple-Power on the Mac I'm
using ZTerm with to do serial comm will drop into Macsbug. On the 7300
running NetBSD, it has no affect.

Could you be more specific about the reset button? Also, which keyboard
am I supposed to enter this on?

> > Second, once I'm in, how do I get back out? ...
> db> continue
>
> the system clock (ie the return of the time() function) won't
> increment while you're in ddb so reset the clock ahead to the correct
> time afterwards

Good to know.

thanks,
tim