Subject: Re: DDB techniques
To: None <michael@nosflow.com>
From: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/12/2004 07:13:10
On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 06:10:13 -0500
Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 00:21:29 -0800
> Michael Wolfson <michael@nosflow.com> wrote:
>
> > Of course, this only applies to ADB keyboards (and
> > PowerBooks/iBooks).
> >
> > I've got no idea how it corresponds to USB keyboards (especially the
> > ones with no power button).
>
> Doesn't work on mine, unless I'm doing something wrong. That was what
> I tried first, as that's what is listed in man ddb.

Actually, I think I see a subtle aspect to this. I have the serial
console running through to a Mac running ZTerm. If I use the ADB
keyboard on the NetBSD Mac (er,...), nothing happens. If I use it on the
ZTerm Mac, it changes the default resolution of the monitor. I also have
several ssh sessions into the NetBSD Mac, but these are on a USB
equipped G4.

So, two questions:

1) Which keyboard is the proper keyboard for the keystroke?

2) How do I use sysctl hw.cnmagic in combination with a file I have not
yet located that will remap the keys I need to use?

thanks,
tim