Subject: crash!
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/04/2004 07:25:51
i had a crash today.  i had one yesterday, but i was in a hurry, so i rebooted
the machine without looking into it.

i updated my pkgsrc tree, went into chat/gaim and ran a 'make update' (same
thing i did yesterday) and somewhere in the process of building libcrypt (or
at least that is how it seems, i'll have to watch closer next time i try it)
i get a panic:

panic: amap_wipeout: corrupt amap
Stopped in pid 16178.1 (cc1) at netbsd:cpu_Debugger+0x10:   lwz   r0, r1, 0x14
db> bt
0xd7edbd30: at panic+0x19c
0xd7edbdc0: at amap_wipeout+0cd4
0xd7edbde0: at amap_unref+0x108
0xd7edbe00: at uvm_unmap_detach+0x158
0xd7edbe30: at uvmspace_free+0xfc
0xd7edbe50: at uvm_procexit+0x54
0xd7edbe70: at exit1+0x260
0xd7edbeb0: at sys_exit+0x38
0xd7edbed0: at syscall_plain+0xe0
0xd7edbf40: user SC trap #1 by 0x41b59373:  srr1=0xf032
            r1=0xffffd180 cr=0x22444024 xer=0 ctr=0

i'm about to try again and see what happens, i'll report back.

-brian
--
IHTFP: I firmly believe that people dumber than me exist solely for my
			 amusement.