Subject: Re: RC4 Release ISO (not hybrid) available
To: None <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
From: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/28/2004 14:30:04
On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:26:19 -0400
Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com> wrote:

> . I have seen the internals of the CHRP
> script package in Open Firmware, which as I recall basically reads
> through various components until it finds the xcoff bootloader
> embedded in it.

Sorry - I am really getting some things confused. That's what I get for
answering while working on something else :-)

The above description of the CHRP script is how the BootX bootloader for
OS X works. There are some Forth commands in the boot script that look
ahead in the file until it finds the xcoff bootloader embedded in BootX.

Init-program does need to be able to recognize the CHRP script, though.

tim