Subject: Re: SCSI on iMac?
To: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Timo_Sch=F6ler?= <eclipser23@web.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/28/2004 09:36:16
> Hello,
>
> I'm setting up 2.0 on an original iMac motherboard, and I see this in
> the dmesg:
>
> mesh0 at obio0 offset 0x10000 irq 12: 50MHz, SCSI ID 7
> scsibus0 at mesh0: 8 targets, 8 luns per target
>
> SCSI on an original iMac? Strange! Where?
>
> John Klos
> --
> "There's got to be a way! We have all this stuff!"
>                   - Samantha Carter

hi,

yes. the rev. a imac had a scsi interface, but it was not built in
'completely'...

there was e.g. the Formac 'iProRaid TV' card for the so-called
Mezzanine slot (which was abandoned by apple with iMac 266 and the
followings) which featured TV as well as SCSI-connectivity. the scsi
part of it was a little bit of glue logic and the connectors on the PCB
'cos the bus was already built-in ;)

HTH

--
:x!