Subject: ctnd: chroot into linux-emulation
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Rudi Ludwig <rudihl@gmx.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/27/2004 23:26:12
The solution for the "I have no name"-account is that
there is no (/emul/linux)/etc/passwd .
Copying the (NetBSD)/etc/passwd over does the job.

ls still does not work but I can blindly cd -with bash
tab-completion- to the directory and start ./setup
result:
./setup: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.3' not found (required by
./setup)
Did Suse 7.3 have an older GLIBC version? Is there a way
to find out what the glibc version is? ( libc.so.6 stand for?)
Sorry by no means I am familiar with libraries under unix.

From the returned error message I am not sure wether the setup
programm did not find (/emul/linux)/lib/libc.so.6 at all, although the
file exists or the existing and found file of the name libc.so.6
did not match the version GLIBC_2.3?
Someone to enlight me on this, please.

Rudi