Subject: Re: mesh timeout errors on 9500
To: Riccardo Mottola <rollei@tiscalinet.it>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@college.dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/24/2004 20:09:11
On Mon, 25 Oct 2004, Riccardo Mottola wrote:

> no, this is the internal cable of the 9500, never touched it.
> I enabled the internal scsi termination of the disk. It has enevr
> givenme problems with other os's..
>
> I assume mesh = internal controller right? I have nothing attached to
> the external port.

	If I remember right, mesh is the onboard fast narrow SCSI 2 and
esp is the internal/external slow narrow SCSI 2 bus.

> I did not touch those flags, they are... as in the precompiled kernel. I
> will watch dmesg closer to see if some useful output is printed aout
> sync/async.

	You might try boot -a from open firmware, then boot the kernel
with the -v flag from ofwboot.xcf to enable verbosity. Might give some
more clues without compiling a debug/diagnostic/mesh_debug kernel.

--
The nice thing about Windows is - It does not just crash, it displays a
dialog box and lets you press 'OK' first.